Skip to main content

Centralia Elementary School District

Food Services » Charging Meals to Student Accounts

Charging Meals to Student Accounts


If a student forgets or does not have enough money for a meal, they will be given a meal and that meal will be charged to their account.The following steps will be taken to make parents aware of their child's meal account status:
 1.) Meal account procedures will be posted on our website and communicated to all households at the start of the school year.
2.) Each week an automated call will be sent out to those households whose accounts have a balance of less than $4.50
3.) Each week an automated phone call will be sent home to those households whose meal accounts have a negative balance. 
4.) In addition to the phone calls, written notification as well as a meal eligibility application will be sent home to those households whose accounts have a negative balance greater than or equal to $9.00.
-Parents are encouraged to use which may take 24 to 48 hours to process or write a check and deposit it in the pre-payment drop box using a pre-paid envelope to ensure that the payment is applied to their child's account.  It is not recommended that students pay their accounts with cash in the lunch line.

-If a household is unable to pay for their child's meal, they are strongly encouraged to apply for free and/or reduced meals. Applications are accepted at anytime throughout the year. Applications may take up to 10 school days to process.  Paper applications are available in the school office, or households may apply online at

For questions, please call 714-228-3183

Negative Balance Policy Implemented: November 2009    Revised: July 2017

If you would like to transfer funds to another student or if your student is leaving the Centralia School District and you would like a refund on the money available on his/her account, please click below for the request form. Please return this form to your school office or the District Office.
The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.
To file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found at or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.
Or write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to:
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.