Citizens Oversight Committee
CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
An election was held on November 8, 2016 for the issuance and sale of a General Obligation Bond for Centralia School District entitled Measure N. Measure N, Centralia School District’s $49,000,000 local General Obligation Bond, was approved under Proposition 39 which requires that the District establish, populate and empower an independent Citizens Oversight Committee (COC). Resolution #1549 establishing a Citizens’ Oversight Committee and approving Bylaws in relation to the successful passage of Measure N, as required by Education Code Section 15278, was adopted on December 13, 2016.
The COC is comprised of a minimum of at least seven volunteers from the following areas:
- One member shall be the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District.
- One member shall be a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as a Parent Teacher Association (PTA) or School Site Council.
- One member shall be active in a business organization representing the business community located within the District.
- One member shall be active in a senior citizens’ organization.
- One member shall be active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization.
- Two members of the community at-large.
The COC shall convene to provide oversight for, but not be limited to, ensuring that bond revenues are expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure N and that no funds are used for any salaries or other school operating expenses. Regular reports on the results of its activities will be issued annually.
The Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) is made up of at least seven individuals appointed by the Board of Trustees. As an independent committee, it is charged with informing the public, reviewing Measure N expenditures, and developing an annual report for the Board of Trustees.
The COC meets at a maximum of four times a year and its members are eligible to serve no more than three consecutive two-year terms. For more information, please see the Bylaws.
|Business Representative||Connor Traut|
|Senior Citizen Group Representative||Larry Herman|
|Taxpayer Organization Representative||Lamiya Hoque|
|Parent/Guardian of Child Enrolled in District||Viridiana Rivera|
|Parent/Guardian and Active in Parent Organization||Shreya Banerjee|
|At Large Member||Zoila Gallegos|
|At Large Member||John Cangey|