Skip to main content

Centralia Elementary School District

District Facilities

Civic Center/Use of Facilities

The Governing Board makes school facilities and grounds under its jurisdiction available as a civic center, after the needs of the schools are met, to citizens and community groups for the following purposes subject to District policies and regulations:

1. Public, literary, scientific, recreational, educational, or public agency meetings.

2. The discussion of matters of general or public interest.

3. The administration of examinations for the selection of personnel or the instruction of precinct Board members by public agencies.

4. Supervised recreational activities.

Please Note:

-->  Facilities and grounds must be left clean after use. 

-->  Tobacco and alcohol use are not permitted on school property.

 Insurance: Approval of an application for civic center use is subject to the provision of current general liability insurance coverage on behalf of the group or organization of at least $1,000,000.  A Certificate of Insurance or Additional Insured Endorsement must be provided with the application.

Fees: Fees for use of school facilities and grounds shall be charged in accordance with the following rate structure for Fair Rental Value. Fee payment is generally required in advance of the event.

Classroom Rate:                        $65/hour

MPR (multipurpose room):         $115/hour

Field Fees:                                 Varies based on usage (youth sports only)

Nonprofit Youth Activities

Nonprofit organizations or associations which promote youth and school activities (such as Girl/Boy Scouts and Parent Teacher Associations) may be determined exempt from fees provided proof of nonprofit status is verified.  In the event the use of facilities/fields are requested at a time when custodial services are not available, the District may charge a fee equal to the direct and/or indirect costs of those services. 


Groups or persons using school facilities shall be liable for any damages to property caused during the use of school facilities/grounds. The group or person will be charged the amount necessary to repair the damages. Further use of school facilities may be denied to the responsible party.


Use of our Anaheim and La Palma school fields can be applied for through the Business Office. Civic center applications are available in the front lobby of the District Office or can be downloaded in typeable format. Applications must be accompanied by a Certificate of Insurance.

Use of our Buena Park school fields can be applied for in the following manner:

Step 1. Apply to City of Buena Park Parks and Recreation Department (BPPR) for authorization to use fields. For more information contact BPPR at (714) 236-3860.

Step 2. Upon approval from BPPR, submit a civic center application to Centralia School District and provide proof of insurance.. 

Civic Center Application for Use of Facilities/Grounds

The application is typeable. See link below.

-  Complete and drop off with the receptionist at the District Office, fax to (714) 228-3111 or email to

-  Applications must be submitted at least one week in advance.

 Questions:         Business and Administrative Services (714) 228-3104