DELAC Meeting Minutes 8.27.21- Click to view
DELAC MEETING MINUTES
- Friday, August 27, 2021 9:00am- 10:30am
Via Zoom Online- Zoom link emailed to parents/guardians
- Welcome & Call to Order: by Dr. Kristine Cvar at 9:04 am.
- Public Comment: NONE
- Approval of Minutes: 1st GIGI RIVERA, PARENT AND 2nd AMY CHUNG, PARENT
- Business (I=Information, D=Discussion, A=Action)
- A. DELAC Training: Roles and Responsibilities (I): by Dr. Kristine Cvar
- B. COVID-19 Update and Safety Plan (I): Dr. Arvin Garcia presented COVID-19 Update and Safety Plan
- Wellness Checks: Reminded parents to conduct wellness screeners for students for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving to campus.
- Free COVID-19 testing kits available at the District Office, NRS and all our school sites
- Parent Question: Do all the schools check kids temps before they enter the school? Answer: Wellness Screeners are not a part of current school year’s requirement, but we provide wellness screener flyer for parents to conduct them before arrival to school.
- Parent Question: Are absences related to covid excused? Answer, covid-related absences are excused. Please inform the school.
- Reminder that indoor masking is required, and outside masking is optional for teachers and students
- C. ESSER III American Rescue Plan Act Elementary and Secondary School Relief Fund Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Local Educational Agency Plan- Input (I, D):
- Stakeholder input was taken for the ESSER III Plans. Parents were asked: How can our schools address the needs of our students?
- D. English Learner Reclassification Criteria (I, A): Presentation provided by Amy Edmundson, District TOSA
- Superintendent’s Report:
- our schools awarded PBIS.
- SEL – 9 social workers and interns at the (4 SW 5 Interns SW)
- State Preschool programs available for all old’s, please contact Child Development Services
- Neighborhood Resource Center Update by Hinojosa – announcements; in partnership with Clinic in the Park- free online workshop to see if your child needs to ride in a booster seat.
- Mobile Covid-19 vaccine available- Sat 8/28/21 ; Stanton Vaccine clinic event in the boys and girls club in Stanton
- Nomination for ink provided during the meeting
- Parents were asked if they had any questions. No additional questions were asked.
- Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 10:15am.
DELAC Meeting Minutes 4.22.2021- Click to view
DELAC MEETING MINUTES 4.22.2021
1:00PM - 2:30PM Via Zoom Online
A. Welcome & Call to Order.
Dr. Stacy Chang, Director of Parent and Student Engagement welcomed everyone to the meeting. - Meeting called to order at 1:02pm.
Members introduced themselves via chat.
II. Public Comment - none
III. Approval of Minutes
Motion to approve by Robyn Yarbrough. Seconded by Irene Aragon.
IV. Business (I=Information, D=Discussion, A=Action)
A. Input for LCAP and Expanded Learning (I, D)
Dr. Kristine Cvar, Assistant Superintendent of Education Services presented information on LCAP and Expanded Learning and asked for input on programs and services. A survey link was shared with the group to provide input. Refer to PPT.
B. ConApp (I, D)
Dr. Stacy Chang presented a draft of the 2021 ConApp (Consolidated Application) for DELAC review. She asked for stakeholder input via unmuting, chat, email, and a survey link was shared with the group. Refer to PPT. Members shared that it looked good.
C. COVID-19 Update (I) 5 minutes
Dr. Chang provided COVID-19 updates including information on vaccines and COVID-19 testing kits that are available to the public from OCHCA and directly from CESD.
V. Superintendent’s Report
Superintendent Norma Martinez
-Anaheim Public Library staff shared about the pronunciator program
-Community Resources provided by Neighborhood Resource Center’s Community Liaison
-District selected as State Model SARB, a state level award.
Meeting adjourned at 2:24pm.