Foreign Language Exploratory (FLEX) Program at CESD
***The application deadline for the FLEX@CESD program for the 21/22 school year is THURSDAY October 14 at NOON (12pm). No applications received after this time will be considered.***
1. The application window for the 2021/2022 FLEX program will open Sept 23, 2021. Applications will close after available classes have been filled. Early application does not guarantee placement in the program. Please check this webpage for updates.
How to Apply:
1) Click here to watch a recorded program overview introducing the FLEX program. PDFs of the presentation are available in English, Spanish, & Korean at the bottom of this page. The presentation will give general information to help parents decide whether FLEX is right for their student.
2) Before applying, please speak with your student and make sure they are comfortable joining FLEX. Not every child enjoys talking with others, for example. Students who are able to complete work on their own and students who can work through the mistakes or confusion of learning something new will enjoy FLEX the most.
3) Parents, click on ONE on the links below (based on your language preference) to complete the program application and language use survey. Please submit only one time.
4) All applicants will receive an email about their application status no later than October 14, 2021.
FLEX students access Rosetta Stone through their existing Clever accounts.
To be successful students will need to practice Spanish up to 60 mins at home per week in Rosetta Stone using an internet-enabled device such as a computer or Chromebook.
Headsets (headphones + microphone) are recommended for use at home with Rosetta Stone.
If you need to borrow a headset to use at home, please make sure to indicate this on your program application form.
Students accepted into the FLEX program will be assigned times for class with other FLEX students at their school. Second grade teachers at each school designated timeslots that work best with their daily schedules.
Due to scheduling restrictions, we are unable to modify assigned FLEX times at parent request.