- Harvest Parade
- 10/31/2019, 8:15 AM – 8:45 AM
- Buena Terra Blacktop
Harvest Festival Parade
October, 31, 2019
On Thursday, October 31st there will be a Harvest Festival costume parade. All students are invited to participate, but students do not need to bring a costume if they choose not to.
- If participating, students should arrive at school wearing their costumes (school clothes must be worn underneath). For safety reasons masks can only be worn during the parade.
- There will be no flag ceremony; students are to line up to go to class so that the teachers can take roll and lunch count.
- The parade will begin at approximately 8:15 a.m. and will conclude by 8:45 a.m. Cones will be set up to mark the circle. Students will sit around the route, parents may stand behind the students. The parade will circle around the primary area of the playground.
- At the end of the parade students will need to change out of their costumes. School clothes should be worn under the costume, and costumes can go in the student’s backpack or send a bag with your student.
- Please be certain that costumes do not include any item that could be considered a weapon or a replica of a weapon. For our parade please leave at home all swords, toy guns, etc. These are in violation of our Zero Tolerance Policy regarding weapons and replicas. Please select a costume that is safe and in good taste. Bloody, gory costumes are not appropriate for the school parade and students will not be allowed to wear those costumes for the parade. Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Parents who do not want their child to participate please let your child’s teacher know, and they may go to the library during the 30 minutes of the parade.
After the parade is over by 8:45 a.m., the remainder of the day is a regular school day. Students will be expected to complete classwork and maintain good standards of behavior.