CENTRALIA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
E-RATE 2008/2009 District WAN Specification
This request is for a high-speed Wide Area Network (WAN) solution capable of supporting voice, video, and data. This service must be a managed fiber optic network service that connects all school and/or administrative sites within the district to the District Office (DO). This service will use fiber optic cables and provide bandwidth of 1Gbps to each school site. The service provider will hand-off a Gigabit connection to the district. For each Gigabit Ethernet termination, the service provider will supply the district with a Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) that will connect directly into the district-provided router or switch.
Centralia Elementary School District (District) is soliciting qualified contractors to submit an installation and ongoing service bid for (including, but not limited to) equipment racks, digital equipment, data cabling, and associated termination equipment as required. All equipment included in this request will be owned and maintained by the awarded service provider with no option for transfer of ownership to the District.
This project is entirely contingent upon available funding from the federal E-Rate program. The District retains sole discretion to begin or not begin this project. In addition, the District will require that the awarded service provider ensure that all eligible components of service are filed with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and are eligible for the California Teleconnect Fund (CTF) discount. This project encompasses the following:
- The installation of secure and dedicated fiber optic connectivity between the District Office and all other sites.
- The fiber shall connect the DO with each of the school sites.
- The DO shall have a minimum data connection to each of the sites of 1Gbps.
- The vendor is responsible to obtain all necessary right of ways necessary to this project.
- During the term of this contract, any changes in the routing of the fiber cable due infrastructure changes and/or requirements (street widening, new underground requirements, etc.) will be the responsibility of the vendor at no expense to the District.
- In the event of loss of communication to any site, the repair shall start within 4 hours service call from the district. The maximum time of repair will be 24 hours.
- The term of the proposed agreement will be for not less than five years.
- Providing pricing for ten-year option.
- Although this is a five-year contract, include the monthly costs beginning in year six.
SCOPE OF PROJECT
Please provide the installation (one time) and monthly (ongoing) cost bids for this 5 year project as follows:
- One Gigabit (1000Mbs) fiber optic (Ethernet capable) connectivity from the DO to the sites listed on the District sites list (following).
- The District Office is to serve as the central point for the network.
- Please include the one time installation costs and ongoing monthly costs for all sites.
- The service provider will hand-off a 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-T or 10/100/1000Mbps connection to the district. For Gigabit Ethernet terminations, the service provider will supply the district with Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) that will connect directly into the district provided router/switch.
- An uptime guarantee of 99.9% shall be provided on a 24x7 basis average over each seven day period.
- The circuits shall be capable of carrying multiple services such as computer networks, voice over IP, digital video, etc.
- All vendor equipment installed shall be under repair maintenance at no cost to the District for the life of the contract agreement.
- The project cannot commence before July 1, 2008. The District will give the successful bidder Notice to Proceed upon receipt of the Funding Commitment decision letter from the Schools and Libraries Division. Upon being given Notice to Proceed the awarded contractor will commence work as directed by the District.
- The vendor shall provide three references consisting of similar scope and work.