SCHOOLWIDE OPERATING PROCEDURES AND STUDENT SAFETY
CLASS PLACEMENT OF STUDENTS
Students have been tentatively assigned to classrooms until school enrollment has stabilized.
Tentative class lists have been made after much consideration and analysis of student achievement levels, work habits, English Language proficiency, and citizenship. Classrooms are balanced to ensure efficient and effective instruction designed to meet the needs of each student. Therefore, students will not be transferred based on requests unless it is determined that the present placement is detrimental to the student's overall education.
*Please realize that we have a number of combination classes and can no longer follow the policy to place a student in a combo class for only one year. Children will not be moved from combo classes based upon the number of times they have been in a combo.
When enrollment stabilizes we will review the total enrollment before finalizing class placements. These enrollment adjustments will be made as soon as possible. Adjustments to class placements may be needed to meet the fluctuating enrollment.
Students are not to arrive at school before 7:50 a.m. There is no supervision on the school grounds before 7:50 a.m., and the grounds are not open for play. The only exception is students who are arriving for breakfast. Students arriving for breakfast may arrive from 7:30 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. They are to go directly to the MPR and remain in the MPR until the 7:50 bell sounds. Students arriving after 7:50 a.m. may not get breakfast.
Students may walk and talk together on the blacktop from 7:50‑8:02 a.m. When the 8:02 a.m. bell rings, students are to walk to their class line.
After school, STUDENTS ARE TO GO DIRECTLY HOME. Children dismissed at the end of the primary day schedule are not allowed to wait for siblings or friends dismissed on the upper grade schedule. Children not picked up or left unattended will be sent directly to the office where their parents will be contacted.
Visitors standing on the playground or in the passing corridors during the hours that school is in session (8:05 a.m. to 1:40 p.m.) will be asked to check in with the office, beginning September 4.
Kindergarten ‑ 8:05 ‑ 11:29 a.m. or 9:50 a.m. – 1:49 p.m.
Thursday Dismissal for Late Birds: 1:24 p.m.
Grades 1 ‑ 2 ‑ 3 ‑ 8:05 a.m. – 1:40 p.m.
Thursday Dismissal: 1:20 p.m.
Grades 4 ‑ 5 ‑ 6 ‑ 8:05 a.m. ‑ 2:15 p.m.
Thursday Dismissal: 1:20 p.m.
Each Thursday is considered a minimum day. Students (except kindergarten) will be dismissed at 1:20 p.m. Late Bird Kindergarten students only are released at 1:24 p.m.
All student restrooms are solely for the use of students. Parents are not allowed in the student restrooms at any time. If a child needs assistance, please bring the child to the office where there are public (adult) restrooms.
STUDENTS RELEASED FROM SCHOOL
We encourage you to make dental and medical appointments for students after school instead of during the school day. If you must interrupt your child’s school day, please send a note to your child’s teacher. In this manner both the teacher and the child will be prepared for the interruption and your child can be in the office waiting for you.
CHILDREN ARE RELEASED ONLY FROM THE OFFICE. Your child will be released only to those persons listed on his/her emergency card. Be sure to inform the office of current phone numbers and update your emergency card as needed.
ALL VISITORS MUST CHECK IN WITH THE OFFICE WHEN THEY FIRST ARRIVE.
This procedure is for the safety and welfare of all children, parents, and teachers. Students from other schools and preschool are not allowed on the playground.
Parents are welcome to visit the school, but must make an appointment if they want to visit a classroom. WE ASK THAT PARENTS DO NOT HOLD CONFERENCES WITH TEACHERS DURING ARRIVAL, DISMISSAL OR CLASSROOM TIMES. Please make an appointment with your child’s teacher if you have a concern. Teachers must supervise students when students are present.
All absences must be verified by a written note or phone call from the parent. Please notify the school office before 10:00 a.m. by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (note underscore between Sherry and Martinez (_)). List student name, teacher and reason for absence.
If your child is absent and you would like to request homework for the day, please notify the office by 10:00 a. m., again by e-mail is preferable. You may pick it up in the office after school.
Students are expected to wear clean and neat clothing to school. The following clothing standards have been established to help us maintain an academic environment in our classrooms and on our campus.
· Shoes must be worn at all times.
· Closed-toe shoes are required for safety during physical education and recess.
· Open footwear such as sandals and shoes with elevated heels, or platform shoes are not appropriate for school.
· Tennis Shoe Skates (heeley’s) are not allowed at any time.
· Shorts should measure at least 3 inches on the inside seam. Shorts that are too tight, too short, and/or too high on the sides are not appropriate for school. (The shorts should be no shorter than the end of the fingertips when the arms are extended at the side)
· Thin-strapped tops (under 2 inches) should be worn with an over-blouse or under T-shirt. Cropped or short tops are not appropriate for school. Tank tops cut low in the front, back and/or under the arms are not acceptable. Clothing exposing the stomach is unacceptable.
· Printed messages on garments should be in good taste. References to alcohol, drugs, violence or obscene words are not acceptable. Any message of a derogatory nature is not to be worn to school. Students are not to write on each others’ clothing.
· Clothing that reflects gang/tagger affiliation is NOT ALLOWED:
- Pants and belts must fit at the waist.
- NO “ID” BUCKLES.
- No cutoffs. Hems on all garments must be finished.
- Shirts should be no longer than the end of the fingertips when the arms are extended at the side.
- Pants should not drag on the ground. Pants legs should not be so wide as to interfere with playground and PE activities.
· Hats are not to be worn at school (except a hat with a 3” brim all around the hat if needed for dermatological reasons).
· Only stud-type earrings are acceptable. Dangling earrings are considered dangerous due to the active nature of elementary age children.
· Underwear should always be worn but not visible.
· Makeup, acrylic nails, lipstick, and dyed hair are not appropriate for the elementary school setting.
· Hair color and hairstyle should be in good taste. Spiked hair, Mohawks and wildly colored hair are only to be worn on specified days.
STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING: TOYS, FELT TIP MARKERS, EXPENSIVE ELECTRONICS SUCH AS MP3 OR IPODS, OR SPORTS EQUIPMENT ON CAMPUS AT ANY TIME. ITEMS NOT PERMITTED WILL BE CONFISCATED UNTIL A PARENT CAN COME TO SCHOOL TO PICK THEM UP. If you are not sure, do not bring the item without first checking with your child’s teacher
No categories found
There are no files available for any categories.